As many eco-conscious families and students well know, recycling plastic spiral bound notebooks is a tricky affair—frequently requiring you to separate plastic covers from metal bindings, and ripping out dozens of often unused sheets of paper.
Why not avoid the hassle, expenses and the waste?
Go back to school, the office, the grocery store or back to the drawing board with this stylishly simple and sustainable chic DIY upcycled notebook, in six easy steps.
What you’ll need:
6 Easy Steps:
1) Cut out cereal box to make notebook cover, and fold in half
2) Sew button to notebook’s front cover, leaving enough thread leftover to wrap around notebook—this will tie the notebook closed
3) If desired, cover prints on cereal box front by gluing an extra piece of paper on top
4) Stitch your paper to spine with needle and thread
5) To decorate front cover, use your imagination!
We’ve glued the pocket of an old pair of jeans to create an eraser/pencil case.
6) Throw into your purse for your next shopping list, or your little one’s backpack for her next day at school!
• Cereal box (or any pliable cardboard)
• Paper (the more recycled content,
• Needle and thread
• Glue stick
• Ribbon or decorative paper (optional)