See something you like on this page? Click on it to shop!
General Eco-Friendly Resources for Projects, Ideas, and LearningShare
General Eco-Friendly Resources for Projects, Ideas, and Learning
Our go-to websites for sustainable DIY and upcycling ideas, tips on greening your home using items you already own and resources for gathering craft supplies without spending much or purchasing newly-manufactured items.
- Design Sponge: DIY – Tons of great ideas for making your own reusables as well as upcycling your unwanted items into something new.
- GreenUpgrader – Tips for repairing clothes and other items, ideas for sustainable packaging and other DIY projects.
- How Can I Recycle This? – Crafty ideas for reusing everything from rusty cheese graters to used envelopes.
- Instructables – Pop tab chainmail may not be an everyday basic, but this site is full of other great ideas and easy-to-follow instructions for reusing household items to build clever contraptions.
- Re-Nest – ingenious ideas for greening your home using items you already own.
- The Upcycle Exchange – A cradle-to-cradle-inspired site that collects craft supplies for the indie craft community – donate your unwanted upcyclables or create a wishlist to get your project going.
- Lifehacker – Lots of tech DIY project as well as tips for cleaning, cooking and home repair.
- Readymade – Website and magazine 100% devoted to DIY ideas for your kitchen and home, as well as reuses for old things.
- ReuseAlliance – Supporting the DIY and reusables movements by connecting, promoting, and supporting reuse organizations.
- Tiny Choices – One of our Ambassadors’ blogs with an extensive DIY section full of home improvements ideas.